TWG General Manager Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wrestling Game Down?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Wrestling Game Down? Empty The Wrestling Game Down?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Is anyone have problems with connecting to TWG site? I've been trying to log in since 4pm GMT and I keep get opps! and there is a problem with the site.

I'm just wondering whether it's my laptop or the actual site is down for unseen reason.

Back to top Go down

The Wrestling Game Down? Empty Re: The Wrestling Game Down?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:52 pm

it's down since 11 AM server time...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:23 pm

what will happen with the shows of today that weren't confirmed yet???

Back to top Go down

Post by DocSpock Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:21 pm

If it's down this long I would think it's something very serious, I will endeavour to get more information. It might be the only fair way is a season reset and delay - depending on the nature of the problem we are having it might mean none of the previous data is recoverable and shows would need to be worked on from scratch but this is worst case scenario - the bright side to that scenario is if the ticket issues gets fixed it means those that already confirmed shows would be bale to regenerate decent sales. Also I would be lenient in allowing everyone to have below standard shows for their first show since many might lose data.

Anyway that is all in the air right now until we find out what is wrong etc. and if anything I said passes with the admins Razz

First things first ... see what's wrong and actually get back in heh.
DocSpock
DocSpock
GM Leader
GM Leader

https://gmacademy.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DocSpock Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Update: Seems the game is down due to a fault of the hosting company. Maxo said it could be as long as 24 hours downtime ( so maybe another 12 hours from this post ).

Hopefully this means no data loss and nothing to fix for Maxo though so he cna spend his time getting the rosters sorted.

Speaking with Abdel the idea will be to fix the payment/ticket sales bug, redo ticket generations for the rosters shows already aired and they will get paid as normal. The shows that SHOULD have aired during the downtime will probably need to be manually confirmed so that will most likely mean if they weren't finished etc. they will go through in their current state - not sure how that works for shows that didn't have all the matches yet - we will see.

In any case I will give all rosters a reprieve from the content rule ( the lack there of, not the swearing/wwe content etc. ) this week only in light of this issue.

hopefully the fix will be as easy as I've outlined above but don't take it as definite as things could easily go wrong when trying to sort this out.

Last edited by DocSpock on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
DocSpock
DocSpock
GM Leader
GM Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 pm

A season delay? Great idea.

Now whats going to happen with the fan counts of shows that already aired?

Back to top Go down

Post by DocSpock Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:39 pm

If you read the update I posted you would see that that delay need not be on the cards now so your comment is pointless being that you posted it 30 minutes later. Please try to keep up with the topic before relpying.

If by fan counts you mean ticket sales ( otherwise I have no idea what you're on about ) that too was answered:

Speaking with Abdel the idea will be to fix the payment/ticket sales bug, redo ticket generations for the rosters shows already aired and they will get paid as normal.

DocSpock
DocSpock
GM Leader
GM Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 am

Wow.

By fan count i mean fan count. The count of the fans.

I wish to know if theyll go down on the confirmed shows. I know of cases wherd shows do completely horrible and the roster lost fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by DocSpock Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:13 am

Well being that I just said ( twice now ) that I was told by the VA that the ticket sales are intended on being fixed one could assume the fan process will follow the the trend you speak of and be fine just like the ticket sales will hopefully be when they are remedied.

Worst case scenario ... the already confirmed shows sales can't be fixed. Rosters take a hit on their income, their members income, and possibly their fans may go backwards somewhat.

Anyway this topic is for TWG being down, not the tickets bug so you can direct any questions, comments etc. to a topic relating to that issue.

DocSpock
DocSpock
GM Leader
GM Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:28 am

well my show is on wednesday night and its tuesday now what willhappen there or is it just a case of waiting and seeing what will happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:32 pm

From what I'm seeing, and dock can correct me, it's wait and see. I'm with you though, Zeus, as my show is at 18.00 server time and I still have graphics and main event to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:36 pm

i still had my hole show to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:17 pm

I only have to confirm the MAW-show tonight if everything is still intact

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Im thinking the shows that run tuesday that were confirmed would have had the scripts for payment run and the fans for individual people booked either increased/decreased.

So I think what fangy is on about is I have seen where first hand you are booked on a show that has crappy sales has had a direct correlation to fan loss for the individual booked. However I may be off and Fang can correct me, but that sounds like what he means.

But I dont think it is ok to just say oh well worst case scenario the feds that confirmed can't be fixed. Thats not good enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:26 pm

As long as your shows air and you get a roster paid be thankful.
We had PPV'S go awol a while back and some didn't air nor get paid.
But it isn't Docspock or anyones fault, we just need to live with it.
Just my two cents and I'm as unhappy as anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 pm

I remember that. Was that when CiR didn't get to air a PPV? I didn't know about the other feds, I just know CiR didn't air one.

And any new updates on when the game will be running?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Yea but were talking negative payment here Timelord that and a possible loss of fans. Why would I just be thankful for that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Of course, you shouldn't but has happened before.
I used to be inter-cont fed and we had negative points not last season but one before.
We lost fans and money, but it ain't anyones fault.
CIR and at least 4 others including my own didn't air or get paid,but it's a game.
Worse stuff happens in life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Yea, I've had that happen too when I was Cont. Remember the APW seating glitch? We had the same thing. So honestly I understand what you mean, just im sick of the crap attitude towards it when its not affecting the individual's fed. The "Oh well look shit happens" sort of thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:52 pm

BoD i agree with what your saying and probley most of the GMs but its still only a game mate there nothing we can do about it or change about it we can either accept it and move on or maon about it and leave the game

we all make our own choices

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Yeah, but the game can improve. I'm sure we all realize it's a game. At least I hope. But when you put time and effort (and for most people, money) into a game, it should be able to provide.. I'd understand that mindset.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:10 pm

yeah if you put money and time in then you should except more thats i agree with and lets be honest anything man made is bound to go wrong one time or another lol

Back to top Go down

The Wrestling Game Down? Empty Season Reset.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:03 pm

Doc, If there was a season reset does that mean that the New GM'S would be appointed instead of having to wait another 5-6 weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by DocSpock Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Huh? I only jsut added a bunch of new GMs and haven't fired or had anyone quit yet so I've got no new GMs to add.

But I dont think it is ok to just say oh well worst case scenario the feds that confirmed can't be fixed. Thats not good enough.

It's worst case scenario - gotta be prepared for these things.

Anyway I asked for no more talk on the tickets issue etc. here , only on the server downtime. Create another topic if you wish to discuss the tickets or anything else.
DocSpock
DocSpock
GM Leader
GM Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Has there been any update on the timetable to get the site back up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next