TWG General Manager Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What forum hoster does everyone use?

Go down

Which forum hosting service do you use?

What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_lcap64%What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_rcap 64% 
[ 14 ]
What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_lcap14%What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_lcap0%What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_lcap9%What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_lcap13%What forum hoster does everyone use? I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22

What forum hoster does everyone use? Empty What forum hoster does everyone use?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:30 pm

The topic title says it all. Just vote and PLEASE don't spam.

Back to top Go down

What forum hoster does everyone use? Empty Re: What forum hoster does everyone use?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:46 pm

I used Forumotion when I started GMing, but I kept having problems with their downtime. When they tried to update to PHP3, something went wrong and they had to do a rollback. Unfortunately, that meant that ALL Forumotion users ended up with deleted posts made 24 hours before the update. That happened in the middle of the season and since you have to be an idiot to do updates with 24 hour old backups, I've decided not to use them any more. I found another host (AtFreeForum.com) and was happy with it even though it was a bit slow. One day one of my roster members told me he has a server he is not using and now we host our own. He also got us a dominion-wrestling.com domain, so we are the only roster in TWG (as far as I know) with a server and a .com Razz

Back to top Go down

What forum hoster does everyone use? Empty Re: What forum hoster does everyone use?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Ninoslav Maricic wrote:I used Forumotion when I started GMing, but I kept having problems with their downtime. When they tried to update to PHP3, something went wrong and they had to do a rollback. Unfortunately, that meant that ALL Forumotion users ended up with deleted posts made 24 hours before the update. That happened in the middle of the season and since you have to be an idiot to do updates with 24 hour old backups, I've decided not to use them any more. I found another host (AtFreeForum.com) and was happy with it even though it was a bit slow. One day one of my roster members told me he has a server he is not using and now we host our own. He also got us a dominion-wrestling.com domain, so we are the only roster in TWG (as far as I know) with a server and a .com Razz

Lucky O.O I hope I have someone like that in my fed xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum